Many of us have wondered what exactly sage is and what benefits can it provide us.
So, what is Sage?
Sage simply put is an herb similar to any other herb like rosemary or basil.
Sage can be grown in it's own pot or you can plant it directly into the soil. Sage doesn't tolerate heat nor humidity too well so be mindful of when and where you plan to plant. It takes about 2 months for sage to fully harvest. After it is harvested, sage is dried out and stored in an airtight environment until further use.
Sage can provide some of the following benefits;
1) It is high in several nutrients including Vitamin K, magnesium, zinc, copper and Vitamins A, C & E.
2) It's loaded with antioxidants that are linked to improved brain function and has been shown to lower cancer risk.
3) Sage can be used to help reduce menopause symptoms.
4) It can also help lower bad cholesterol.
5) Sage can be used to add flavor to your food dishes, it can be used as a garnish or you can even drink it as a tea.
6) Sage can also be used in saging/smudging techniques for purification benefits.
Whether you are using sage in your daily diet, on an occasional basis or for it's purification benefits, this herb is sure to provide you with some great benefits.